Sunday, May 1, 2016

Social Media and WhatNots

Hey guys, I'm back. I've been blogging less and less recently, that much is obvious. But today's post is going to be about Social Medias, etc. etc.

So let's start.

Yesterday, I was going through my e-mails and I noticed I've been getting plenty of e-mails from my social medias such as Facebook and Twitter, for example.

Firstly, I haven't opened my Facebook account in ages. I didn't know I still have it. So what do I do with that? Simple, I delete it. Reasons: One, I don't use it anymore and from what I'm seeing, Facebook is losing popularity. Most of my friends don't use it anymore I guess. Funnily, last month I used my brother's Facebook account to play this game called City Girl Life. Mainly, because I needed something to kill the time. I will get to the other reason later.

Second, let's talk about Twitter. This account was new and I actually made it by accident. From my experience with Twitter, it's really nothing other than people ranting. It's like an online diary, etc. etc. In short, pretty useless. Besides, I actually share an account with my friends with the username: _jonginxx_. Hint: Raja. But, I've decided to spend less time on Twitter because it cringes me as I'm surprised how much time people spend time on it just to post useless stuff. So, I logged out and left it alone for awhile. Hopefully, I won't find myself crawling back to it.

I can't delete it because it's my friend's account.

Now, Instagram. This one has been dominating 99% of my time during my cuti SPM. Because I was bored, had nothing to do, so I'd grab the phone and scroll through Instagram. In my opinion, it's no less cringey than Twitter. I was presented with pictures of girls taking selfies, girls taking pictures closely with guys, bla bla. By the end of the day, I looked back and realized that I had just wasted my time liking a bunch of useless photos. 

But, I didn't delete my Instagram account. Because I'll admit, it's still nice to know where your friends are and what they're up to. So instead of deleting Instagram, I decided to go on 30 days without it.

Now the reasons for why I'm trying to spend less time on social media because I've noticed that it's time consuming and also time wasting. The time that I could use to read more important stuff. The time that I could use to increase productivity and become the better person than I was yesterday. Now with the social media all up in my face, that can be quite hard to achieve. What's more, most of the people I discover on the internet are quite annoying, anyway.

Below is a video I wanna share about living without social media:
'A Year Offline'

Now here are some links that inspired me to spend less time on the internet/social media:

Killing Home Internet
Mr Money Mustache(This guy convinced to stop watching TV too. His blog is great and awesome)

2 comments:

KING said...

why not blogging hari2? lol mcm satu hari satu mesej utk kawan2. mesej kesedaran.

Kat said...

I also have been trying to do less social media for about a year now. It is amazing how much just going through updates eats up time, especially time that might be spent reading... and it's so true what you said about people only using Twitter to complain or express their unwanted opinions. Congrats to you for cutting back on social media!